Information for Gathering 2012
- DePaul University’s Lincoln Park Campus
- Plenaries, worship and pizza party in Cortelyou Commons
- Registration, meals and workshops in Student Center
2250 N. Sheffield – Entrance at Belden and Sheffield
- Dorms, evening fellowship and childcare in Clifton-Fullerton Dorm
2350 N. Clifton
- Parking by the dorm or on Sheffield by the Kroger/Starbucks. (Parking is $12/day)
- DePaul writes :
- L TRAIN: You can take the CTA L train (Brown, Red or Purple lines) to the Fullerton stop. Walk west on Fullerton one half block to Sheffield St. and then left one block to Student Center.
New to the L?
Fare is $2.25 each way. You should probably ask the CTA attendants to show you how things work and to recommend the best fare card for your situation. (For weekends or late night schedules, see the Chicago Transit Authority website for details on limited schedule. Beware of the change machines in the CTA stations: they dispense dollar coins in change, which can add up to a lot of weight in your pockets if you change a $20 bill.)
- L train from Midway: Take the train (Orange Line, the only one there) from inside the airport into downtown. Change to the Red, Brown or Purple Line train northbound (toward Howard St.) at either the Clark/Lake station or the State/Lake station. Exit at theFullerton Station. Walk west on Fullerton one half block to Sheffield St. and then left one block to Student Center, or go four blocks to Clifton St. and then left a half block for Clifton-Fullerton Dorm entrance.
- L train from O’Hare: Take the train (Blue Line, the only one there) from inside the airport into downtown. At the Clark/Lake station, change to the Brown Line northbound (towardKimball Ave.). Walk west on Fullerton one half block to Sheffield St. and then left one block to Student Center, or go four blocks to Clifton St. and then left a half block for Clifton-Fullerton Dorm entrance.
- CAB: Cabs are available but not cheap. Last year, cabfare was around $35 from O’Hare and $35 from Midway to DePaul’s Lincoln Park Campus. At the airports, simply go the the taxi line. For a cab back to the airport, the DePaul desk staff will call one for you.
- SHUTTLE BUS: Take an Airport Express shuttle bus. Airport Express is $30 or more (prices go down for groups traveling together). Recommended that you go to the website or call 888.2THEVAN (888.284.3826) for more information.
- Persons staying in the DePaul dorms should know that it does not provide hotel-like services. You will have a pillow, bed linens, a towel and washcloth, a bar of soap and tiny shampoo. But no mint on the pillow, wake up calls, complimentary toiletry items, nor irons or blow driers are provided.
Internet access. Persons staying on campus will be given a temporary password for wireless internet access in the dorms and around the campus.
Where to stay before or after EP: – http://www.getawayhostel.com/
In emergencies, contact Brent Laytham, EP Coordinator, 773-428-5745 cell