The Ekklesia Project is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our website. The policy described below describes what we do with the information we collect.
No Personal Information Required
To access www.ekklesiaproject.org you will not be required to provide us with personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable data from users based on visits to our web pages. If you choose to opt-in for more information by submitting data via a form on our website, we will have access to additional information; what we do and don’t do with that opt-in information is described in detail below.
General Information for www.ekklesiaproject.org visitors
When you request information from any website the web server uses your IP address to communicate with you. This information is always retained for a period of time on our server. Your computer can be identified from the IP address while you are connected to the Internet, although it normally would not identify you individually as the user. Our site will automatically gather certain general information such as the number of visitors on the site and the most frequently visited areas. However, this information is used in aggregate and cannot be used to identify you personally. We use this aggregate information to try to improve the site, making it more useful and usable.
Our site employs cookies. Cookies are small files of information which save and retrieve information about your visit to www.ekklesiaproject.org—for example, how you entered our site, how you navigated through the site, and what information was of interest to you. The cookies we use identify you merely as a number only. (If you are uncomfortable regarding cookies use, please keep in mind you can disable cookies on your computer by changing the settings in preferences or options menu in your browser.)
Information for www.ekklesiaproject.org Visitors who Opt-In via a “form”
When you submit your information to us, we have access to it. The Ekklesia Project collects voluntarily-provided personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding The Ekklesia Project (unless you elect not to receive such information)
- To send our email newsletter to those who opt-in to receive it
- To support the functionality on the site that enables sharing information about The Ekklesia Project with friends and colleagues.
The Ekklesia Project will not use this information for transmission of unsolicited bulk or commercial email. This partnership is guided by the following principles:
- We’re opt-in. We don’t send you our newsletter or other email communications unless you specifically request it.
- We’re against spam. You can unsubscribe at any time, and all of our email communications that come through the Constant Contact system have unsubscribe links.
- We only collect personally identifiable information that you knowingly and willingly provide us.
No Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
The Ekklesia Project does NOT sell or rent your contact information or other personally identifiable information to third parties.
The Ekklesia Project will share personal information about you or your organization ONLY when:
- You provide your consent
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have ordered or requested
- We need to send the information to companies who work on The Ekklesia Project’s behalf to assist us with our business activities (NOTE: These companies do not have any rights to use your personal information beyond the scope of what is necessary to assist us, and are under contract not to disclose any personal information to anyone)
- We comply with and respond to court orders or other legal processes.
Access to Your Information and Opting Out
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt-out of receiving email communications at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link included at the bottom of our emails or sending us mail or email at the address below.